Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fountains


I must admit to starting the day a little bummed out. My car overheated on Tuesday afternoon, and I left it with the mechanic to fix. On the way home from the garage yesterday, it overheated again. The antifreeze level was fine, he changed the thermostat and re-pressurized the lines. But obviously something else is still wrong. It is frustrating that I spent all that money and I will have to take the car back again to find the real problem. I don't like it when I can't trust my car to get me where I need to go, and the process it will take to get the problem solved. It is not my usual mechanic, so there is the awkward conversation of what to do next. So routine has been interrupted by a problem, so why does this surprise me or bother me? Eyes in the wrong place, on circumstances and things perhaps. A small blip in my schedule, really.

Time to shift my focus. Our Psalm for the day was 87. In verse 7, it says

New International Version (©2011)
As they make music they will sing, "All my fountains are in you."

I like how this version says it...
Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
Singers and dancers alike will say," My whole source of joy is in you."

With the temps in the 90's in CT this week, we are blasting the AC trying to keep cool, drinking ice water and trying to beat the heat, this song seems appropriate. Take a listen and see if the lyrics don't fit this heat wave!

All my fountains song

Don't let the heat or circumstances steal your joy! This is a reminder for me to sit by the river and seek out that Living Water. Time to step out of my natural tendencies and switch to spirit mode. He is my source of life, refreshment, encouragement, and joy. Spend some time chilling with Jesus today...

No comments: